It’s been almost two months since we left home. We have met loads of interesting people. Some of them have asked us interesting questions about India and about our travel. Here are some of the most common questions we encountered.
- Why are you traveling?Because we love traveling! We want to see and experience the world. We met an Indian guy in Budapest for business who even asked us – What do you mean by backpacking? Have you gone mad to quit your jobs and travel around the world, wasting time and money? He even suggested us to go back home.
- Do you know how to dance?Yes, all Indians are expected to dance! It’s mandatory according to some. So, the next time we are off on a trip like this (oh! How we wish this one doesn’t end!), we are definitely going to learn some typical Bollywood moves 😉 Not that we did not try some this time 😉
- Why is cow regarded as a holy animal in India? If you don’t eat cow, then what do you eat!?
Well, how about some veggies?
- Is it true that woman always proposes first to the man before wedding?
What! Now, where did you get that from? Women in India will definitely be amused 😉
- How do arranged marriages exist even in 21st century? Please explain the process 🙂
Haha! Yeah, they are still common and we have adapted to the system. But of course, the trend is changing these days. The process? Well, the family shortlists few guys/girls who meet each other a couple of times and make their decision! Yes, it’s simple and it works 🙂
- Why is river Ganges considered holy?
While we are not completely sure, we think the scriptures have made it holy. Sadly, it’s one of the most polluted rivers in India! 🙁
- Is it true that the emperor who built Taj Mahal, also ordered to chop off the hands of the architect? That’s so cruel!
Well, we are not sure. If true, we do agree it was cruel.
- How can you be a vegetarian all your life? Where do you get energy from?
Try it! 😉 It’s not so tough. Especially when you live in a country where almost ~50% of the population is vegetarian and more than half of the menu in most of the restaurants is veg! Still don’t believe it? Invite us to your home and we’ll blow your minds away by making yummy veg food 😉
- How many languages are there in India?
Total – 1652!! Not kidding at all! Check Wikipedia if you want. Official and regional – 24! Yeah, it’s crazy, we know!
- What’s your national language?
Nope, sorry, we don’t have a national language! Hindi is one of the many official languages and is widely spoken.
- Is it all true what they show in Balika Vadhu?
What! How do you know about Balika vadhu, of all things! Guess what? Balika vadhu is a popular soap opera in Bulgaria! We were shocked to know that it has a big fan following there. We even watched an episode of it along with our friendly hosts and answered their doubts 🙂
- Is it safe for people to travel to India?Especially female travelers, after what they show in the media about rapes, etc?
Hmm, it’s a matter of shame even for us, to come across such incidents! 🙁 But if you take necessary precautions, we think we are a safe country to travel to.What do you think of the questions? Have you been asked any interesting questions about India during your travels? 😉